Shop your Lip Liner products at MyKady and we will deliver anywhere in Lebanon.
Lip liner, also known as lip pencil is intended to fill uneven areas on the outer edges of the lips before applying lipstick. It is also used to outline the lips, keeping lipstick inside the lip area and preventing it from "bleeding", therefore creating a bigger contrast and making the lips stand out more. Alternatively, lip liner can be used to fill in the entire lip before the application of lipstick and in some cases, worn as a lipstick on its own.
Applying lip liner correctly can be a challenge for even the most experienced makeup user. Done correctly it can increase the wear of your lipstick, prevent color feathering, prevent color bleeding, provide more definition to your lips, and enhance or hide lip features.
How to apply correctly a Lip Liner?
- Moisturize your lips. Before applying anything else to your lips, apply a light moisturizing balm. (Make sure the balm isn’t too waxy)
- Wait for the balm to dry.
- Prime your lips (optional). A primer isn’t 100% necessary, but some makeup artists do recommend it, as it can help smooth your lips and hold both the liner and lipstick on your lips longer.
- Choose your lip liner color. Choose your lip liner color based on what you intend to do with it. If you’re planning to wear red lipstick, go for a red liner; if you’re planning to keep your lips looking natural, go for a nude or soft pink liner
- Sharpen your lip liner.
- Part your lips slightly. Parting your lips slightly will help you stick to their natural shape as you line them.
- Trace your natural lip line. Start at the center, drawing an “x” at your cupid’s bow, and then outline the corners and bottom of your mouth before lining the rest of your lips.
- Move in light, short strokes.It will give you a more precise line than trying to trace over your line in one smooth movement.
- Apply your lipstick